With Halloween just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to start having fun in the kitchen. Since the pandemic, staying inside for holidays has become the trend for parties and celebrations. As a result, hosts have gotten more and more creative with the minute details. After all, Halloween is literally all about the decor- so why not get fancy with some themed snacks? However, with that said, it can be easy to get carried away with the plethora of easy Halloween recipe ideas out there. To support your party aesthetic without the unnecessary overwhelm, today we’re highlighting this quick and easy CBD sugar cookie recipe for your Halloween menu.
These witch finger cookies pair amazingly with just about any dessert dip. If you’re looking for suggestions, here are some we highly recommend:
Sweet Potato Hummus (Paleo & Whole30 approved)
Because Halloween falls on a Tuesday, you and your guests will need to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the morning after. CBD is a great celebratory alternative to alcohol for many reasons- but mainly because it gives a similar euphoric effect that enhances your experience without the worry of being sick or hungover the next day. Unlike its counterpart, THC, CBD won’t give you or your guests any psychoactive side effects, so you’ll be perfectly fine to drive home safely at the end of the night.
Easy Halloween Witch Finger CBD Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 ¾ cups of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter (softened & at room temp)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 full dropper CBD
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups of whole almonds
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Optional: strawberry jam
Kitchen tools & supplies you’ll need:
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Hand or electric mixer
- Baking sheets (2)
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Parchment paper
- Combine sugar and butter in a mixing bowl with your hand or electric mixer until it becomes a fluffy batter consistency.
- Mix in egg and almond & vanilla extracts.
- Add in 1 dropper of CBD, stir.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for half an hour.
- While you wait, preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove ¼ of the dough from the mixing bowl at a time (keep the rest in the fridge).
- Roll 2 teaspoons of dough into the shape of a finger.
- Press the tip of your finger into the top of the dough finger to create an indent for the nail (you will insert an almond here later).
- Use a fork or knife to create lines where the knuckles should be.
- Repeat until baking sheets are full and mixing bowl is empty.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fingers are light golden.
- Let sit in the oven for 3 minutes before removing them to cool.
- In your microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips with butter or coconut oil for 25 seconds. Stir. Reheat as necessary until it reaches a thick liquid consistency.
- Apply the chocolate sauce to the fingernail indent. Top with an almond to create the nail.
- Optional: smear strawberry jam along the fingers to make it look like dripping blood as shown in the photo above.
- Let it dry completely before serving or packaging.
- Repeat for the rest of the fingers.
Let us know in the comments below how these turn out!